Sunday, September 8, 2013

Traveling the land of Dorothy and Toto...

We rode from Goodland, Kansas to Concordia, Missouri today. It was hot, hot, hot!  We only did 465 miles as we had frequent stops to wet down and rehydrate. Mike separates from me tomorrow west of St Louis to head to Evansville, Indiana and his chocolate factory.

I am about 650 miles from home.  I could make it in a day, but might take it a little easy. 

I did not share that on Saturday we were riding with a friend from the Route 66 fund raiser and I watched him have an accident behind me on I-70 in the mountains of Utah. He lost control on a downhill curve and flipped the bike and trailer. I called 911 and ran to take care of him. 

Good news is that he is doing well. He broke some ribs and his shoulder blade. He's a tough 78 year old named Don.  He's in a hospital in Grand Junction, CO.  His Goldwing and trailer were destroyed but he will be ok.  He insisted that we continue home after he was airlifted to the hospital and we were assured that he'd be ok.

God is good, all the time!

Steve

1 comment:

  1. Well now...you are having one exciting trip. Just get yourself home safely. So thankful your friend was ok...Keep us posted.

    marinan

    ReplyDelete